The Nigerian Army has announced that a fierce battle between troops and Boko Haram terrorists led to the death of top sect commanders.
This was contained in a statement posted on the Army Facebook page, Tuesday night.
It recalled that Boko Haram had launched a failed attack on troops’ locations at Banki Junction and Response Area Firgi, of the 7 Division Strike Group.
The unsuccessful attack led to troops’ consequent onslaught that killed the terror leaders.
The high-ranking insurgents were loyal to the Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram.
Army listed some of the deceased commanders as Manzar Halid, Amir Abu Fatima, Nicap among others.
The statement said seventy two members were also eliminated during the offensive.
“Many others were injured, including some high profile commanders and fighters like Abu Jamratu AL-Naweer, Kaka Bana and Tareta Babakari,” it said.
A large number of equipment, including gun trucks, motorcycles and bicycles were destroyed by troops in collaboration with the Air Task Force.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign