He spoke on Sunday at a special church service as part of activities to mark this year’s Independence anniversary celebration at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Awka.
The governor said his administration was committed to ensuring security in the state stressing that, ” Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news.”
Soludo said: “the state government has deployed security personnel to strategic locations across the state, greater efforts are being made to improve intelligence gathering and sharing.
“My government is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all. We are working hard to address the security challenges in the state, and we are confident that we will overcome them soon.”
Soludo said some people have been taking advantage of the current security situation in Nigeria to spread fake news and misinformation.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban