Nigeria Labour Congress has reacted to the proposed increase in tariff plan, the statement on Wednesday, had warned that the organised labour would not tolerate any tariff hike.
The NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, has reminded the Minister of labour and employment Chris Ngige, about the accordance between the Federal Government and organised labour committee, on electricity tariff on September 28 2020.
Wabba, pronounced it would call out workers on industrial action if the Federal Government increases electricity tariff.
The notification to customers, on increase in electricity tariff came from Eko electricity distribution company on August 25 titled ‘Re: Tariff increase notification’, with effect from September 1, 2021, purportedly signed by the General Manager, Loss Reduction, Olumide Anthony-Jerome.
However, Eko Disco disclaimed the said notice, saying customers would be informed of any change on its website.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- JUST IN….. Buhari signs amended electoral bill into law
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC