The leader of the Indigenious People of Biafra IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has dismissed claims that men of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, were behind the various attacks in the Southern part of Nigeria.
Kanu on December 13 2020 launched the ESN security outfit due to the rising insecurity in the region.
There have been allegations that the ESN was behind the various attacks on police formations in the South South and South Eastern parts of the country.
In a tweet posted today, May 17, Kanu said operatives of the security outfit are too disciplined to be involved in criminal activities.
His tweet reads
“I’ve said it before but let me say it again that the Eastern Security Network I command is strictly organized to deal with TERRORIST herdsmen in our land.
ESN is a highly disciplined group of volunteers that do not engage in any act of criminality or terror”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal