The leader of the Indigenious People of Biafra IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has dismissed claims that men of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, were behind the various attacks in the Southern part of Nigeria.
Kanu on December 13 2020 launched the ESN security outfit due to the rising insecurity in the region.
There have been allegations that the ESN was behind the various attacks on police formations in the South South and South Eastern parts of the country.
In a tweet posted today, May 17, Kanu said operatives of the security outfit are too disciplined to be involved in criminal activities.
His tweet reads
“I’ve said it before but let me say it again that the Eastern Security Network I command is strictly organized to deal with TERRORIST herdsmen in our land.
ESN is a highly disciplined group of volunteers that do not engage in any act of criminality or terror”
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline