Mr Abdullahi Gana, the Commandant General of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), has directed officers and men of the corps to ensure effective security across the country.
According to him, the directive becomes necessary in the event of threats to security of lives and property issued by some unscrupulous persons to disrupt peace during the yuletide.
The Department of State Services (DSS) on Tuesday raised alarm that criminals were planning to disrupt peace during the yuletide.
Gana, in a statement issued by Mr Emmanuel Okeh, NSCDC Public Relations Officer on Wednesday in Abuja, said that personnel had been effectively deployed to all parts of the country.
“This is to maintain peace, order and effective security of lives and property before, during and after the yuletide,” he said.
He further directed all zonal commanders and state commandants of all the 36 states of the Federation and Abuja to beef up security in their domains to ensure peace.
He also charged all personnel to conduct themselves in highly professional manner while discharging their duties.
According to him, all personnel are to abide by all COVID-19 protocols, especially the use of facemasks earlier distributed to them.
“Commandants nationwide are to ensure adequate protection of all critical national assets and infrastructure that are usually targeted by vandals and saboteurs during festive seasons,” he said.
He said that the commandants would ensure the deployment of all specialised units to all hot spots for effective monitoring and coverage.
The NSCDC boss warned vandals, illegal oil bunkers and operatives of illegal private guards companies to desist from the crimes.
Gana, however, encouraged citizens to partner with the corps by giving useful information that would help in stopping the activities of criminals.
He urged the citizens to go about their legitimate activities without fear, charging parents to warn their wards to desist from involving in crimes.
Meanwhile, NSCDC FCT Commandant Mathias Ohiemi, in an interview with NAN, said that 4,000 personnel had been deployed in the territory to ensure the safety of citizens.
According to Ohiemi, the corps will not leave any area exposed to criminals, but will ensure that lives of citizens and the country’s critical infrastructure are properly protected.
He called on Nigerians to adequately follow all laid down COVID-19 safety rules as stipulated by the Presidential Task Force.
This, he said, would help to reduce the spread of the virus while celebrating Christmas.
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Contact: [email protected]
- Defence Ministers advocates support for Armed Forces as he joins Buhari to lay wreath
- How Tiwa Savage collapsed during video shoot – DJ Spinal
- After seven months, court grants bail to soldier who criticised Buhari, Buratai
- Buhari confirms plans to sell govt properties to finance 2021 budget
- Kano: 258 beneficiaries receive FG’s grant of N10,000 each
- NCDC reports 23 fresh deaths, 1,479 new infections of COVID-19
- Sokoto State Govt. received N518m FG health intervention fund in 2020 — NHIS Boss
- CCT programme: 76,804 vulnerable households benefit from N1.056bn in Kebbi – FG
- COVID-19: FG announces resumption date for schools
- COVID-19: PTF reacts to alleged imminent nationwide lockdown
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News12 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro9 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)