The Plateau NYSC State Coordinator, MS Caroline Embu, made the call on Monday in Mangu at the formal closing and passing out ceremony of the 2021 batch “A” stream ll corps members, marking the end of the orientation course.
Embu also tasked the corps members to offer selfless service and be instrument of unity in their host communities.
She called on them to serve as ambassadors of the scheme by carrying out the dreams and aspirations of the founding fathers of the nation in order to build an egalitarian society.
She urged them to participate in the post camp Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) programme in order to master a skill which would equip them for self development and service which would in turn improve their socioeconomic status.
The state coordinator warned the corps members to shun unnecessary and unauthorised journeys and night journeys as the management frowned against such behaviour.
She also warned them to desist from wearing the NYSC uniform inappropriately as such act would not be tolerated, and that erring corps members would be punished decisively.
She then urged the corps members to accept their posting to the various Local Government Areas of the state in good faith.
Embu said that the State Government had worked out strict modalities in synergy with the security agencies in the state to safeguard them, and as such, their security, welfare and general well being was guaranteed.
She thanked the state government for supporting and creating a conducive environment for the NYSC activities in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo