The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has debunked reports claiming it has released the immediate-past governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano.
The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, who disclosed this to Punch, said the former governor has been transferred to Abuja.
Obiano was arrested by the EFCC on Thursday night hours after his handover to the new Anambra governor, Chukwuma Soludo.
“He’s still with the commission. He was even transferred from Lagos to Abuja this morning,” Uwujaren said
Uwujaren, however, did not state whether the ex-governor was arrested alongside his wife, Ebelechukwu.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector