By Richard Akintade, Osogbo.
No fewer than 29 students will be graduating with first class during the forthcoming convocation of the Oduduwa University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
The Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Chibuzor Nwoke, on Thursday said outstanding prizes will be given to Olatunji Quadri, a student of Mass Communication department who graduated as the overall student.
He stated this at a press conference organized as part of activities for the convocation, stressing that Qudri graduated with 4.96 GPA.
According to the VC, the human right lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, will be speaking on “the Blessing of Natural Resource Endowments and the Curse of Corrupt Leadership: Critical Perspectives on Nigeria’s State of Underdevelopment.
“Our Proprietor, the Maye of the Source of Yoruba Kingdom, Dr. Ramon Adedoyin, has set up a full scholarship scheme for new, brilliant and indigent students,” the VC stated.
He said the institution is leaving no stone unturned to produce students that will be able to compete with their counterparts in other institution.
Professor Nwoke, who attributed lack of entrepreneurial skills to the problem of unemployment in the country, disclosed that Oduduwa University is giving entrepreneur an utmost priority.
“Beyond our regular academic programmes, we have several professional and technical centres to cater for the increasing needs of our immediate community and beyond.
“In the immediate future, in order to meet the demands for the OUI product, we plan to expand our programmes to include disciplines such as Education, Law, Theatre Arts, Nursing and Basic Medical Sciences.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG