A former Secretary to the Government of Kwara State and member representing Ilorin East/Ilorin South Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Abdulganiyu Cook-Olododo, has declared his intention to contest for governorship on the platform of Social Democratic Party, (SDP).
He stated this in Ilorin on Monday during a meeting with political stakeholders, stressing that his decision to contest was not anchored on his personal will or do-or-die affairs, ROYAL NEWS reports.
According to him, “My ambition is a drive to serve our dear State as a result of calls from various political and other interest groups across the state who are clamouring for a better alternative to good governance, urging me to contest for the exalted position as governor.
“The people are calling on me to contest for having seen my impact, the unprecedented achievements, selfless contribution towards the development of my Federal Constituency as a legislator and my antecedent as former local government chairman, a commissioner, Chief-of-Staff and SSG to our dear State.
Olododo added that, “They said they need me for my all-inclusive administration in order to bridge the gap of communication between the government and the governed and also to serve as a unifying factor amongst the youths, elders and leadership of our great party.
“It’s in the light of this aforementioned that I wish to humbly request for your support and prayers in actualising this clarion interest and aspiration.”
1. Prof. Oba Abdulraheem (Kwara Central)
2. Alh. Khaleel Bolaji (Kwara South)
3. Engr. Sunday Babalola (Kwara South)
4. Abdulkadir Tajudeen Audu (Makama Lafiaji)
5. Arc. Kale Belgore
6. Alhaji Hakeem Lawal
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano