Despite the report that he is not from Ibadan, the Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji has installed a former gubernatorial aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Engineer Olasunkanmi Tegbe as Mogaji (Head of family).
Tegbe who contested APC primary along with other stalwarts of the party in 2018 was installed as Mogaji of Oguntegbe family in Labo area of Ibadan.
The installation is coming despite the controversy surrounding Tegbe’s indigineship.
Our correspondent recalls that towards the APC primary in 2018, some indigines of Ibadan had raised the alarm, claiming Tegbe was from Delta State.
But the Olubadan who described Tegbe as a “beloved son of Ibadan,” said that the installation has ended the controversy surrounding Tegbe’s indigineship.
The monarch, while installing Tegbe alongside three other Mogajis on Monday, said, “Tegbe is our beloved son”.
Three other Mogajis who were installed at the Popoyemoja palace of the Olubadan on Monday are Chief Isiaka Adeniyi Ojebode who was installed as Mogaji of Ile-Iwo family in Oja Oba, Chief Sikiru Adekola Olotu who was installed as Mogaji of Adesun/Adabanija and Chief Lukman Adeleke who was installed as Mogaji of Odeku in Bode area of Ibadan.
Tegbe, while speaking noted that the installation has clearly ended the controversy surrounding his indigineship.
He said, “My installation has revalidated the obvious, that the man who has his origin here is from Edo, Delta. We are revalidating the obvious about the serious allegations.
“I am very grateful to the Olubadan and the entire Olubadan in council for honouring me; for installing me as Mogaji of Oguntegbe family in Labo Ibadan which further confirmed some of the things we have been doing in Ibadan.
“This is just the beginning of the good things to come to my family and Ibadan land”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders