The factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, has declared that the party had no other candidate for the November 26 governorship election other than Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim.
Ibrahim was declared the candidate of the party by the Independent National Electoral Commission, following the order of the Abuja High Court. Though the candidate of Ahmed Makarfi’s faction, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede, had approached the appeal court to challenge the action of the INEC.
Sheriff presented the flag of the party to Ibrahim on Monday at the campaign rally organised by his faction of the party in Ore, Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.
He charged members of the party to work harder and ensure that the party’s flagbearer for the election won.
Sheriff said, ” Today is the beginning of the journey and on November 23, I will come and close the journey at the grand finale. Make sure you vote for the PDP, vote for Jimoh ibrahim.”
The PDP factional candidate, Jimoh Ibrahim, while addressing his supporters at the rally, said if elected, he would positively transform the state from the state of hopelessness, poverty and injustice.
He promised to uplift the standard of education of the state, give better life to traditional rulers in the state. He added that the abandoned Olokola Free Trade Zone would be revived.
He said, “During our time you will not suffer, during our time we will use your money to develop Ondo State.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign