Ooni asks Atiku, Obi supporters to embrace Tinubu’s Govt
Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, has urged all Nigerians, irrespective of party affiliations, to support the government of Bola Tinubu, the president-elect.
The monarch addressed supporters of Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party (LP), while speaking in Lagos.
He was hosting a delegation sent by William Ruto, the president of Kenya, at his Lagos residence.
Present at the event were Francis Koskie, Kenya’s chief of staff; Aliko Dangote, chairman of Dangote Group; Harry Ebohen, CEO of Propetrol; Dapo Abiodun, Governor of Ogun state; and Kunmi Demuren, a fintech executive.
The delegation met with Tinubu for a discussion on how Africa can unite to pursue collective development.
Ooni said it would be best for all Nigerians to be invested in the country’s path forward with Tinubu, regardless of political affiliations.
He said putting Nigeria on the right path to greatness should be a collective effort as the election has come and gone.
“As the presidential inauguration approaches, I beseech you all, young and old, Obidients and Atikulates, hopeful and weary, amiable and passionate, to lay down your arms,” Ooni said.
“There is no reason to waste time looking back; all we have is today and the future. Now is the time to embrace our diversity and uniqueness.
“We may differ in opinions and approaches to achieving a better Nigeria, but we all want a nation we can be proud of. Let us come together to support the vision of Asiwaju Gbogbo Ile Oodua.”
After meeting with the delegation, Tinubu said he was ready to partner with other business leaders in his quest to transform Nigeria’s economy.
He said one of his priorities has been to transition Nigeria from a consuming economy to producing one.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike