Human rights activist, Femi Falana has faulted the Presidency’s approval to review grazing reserves in 25 states in the country.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria who was a guest on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics, said the country has gone beyond looking for grazing routes and should be looking for a modern approach.
Falana also pointed out that the Northern Governor Forum, the Southern Governors Forum, and even the Miyetti Allah group have all come to a conclusion that open grazing is obsolete.
“As far as the law is concerned, the President cannot, (with profound respect), be talking of looking for grazing routes in 2021, Nigeria.
“The Northern Governor Forum, the Southern Governors Forum, and even the Miyetti Allah group have all come to a conclusion that open grazing is obsolete.
“We need a national resolution of this crisis. We need a scientific solution. We need a modern solution to this problem.
“State governors are already investing in ranching”.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*