Human rights activist, Femi Falana has faulted the Presidency’s approval to review grazing reserves in 25 states in the country.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria who was a guest on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics, said the country has gone beyond looking for grazing routes and should be looking for a modern approach.
Falana also pointed out that the Northern Governor Forum, the Southern Governors Forum, and even the Miyetti Allah group have all come to a conclusion that open grazing is obsolete.
“As far as the law is concerned, the President cannot, (with profound respect), be talking of looking for grazing routes in 2021, Nigeria.
“The Northern Governor Forum, the Southern Governors Forum, and even the Miyetti Allah group have all come to a conclusion that open grazing is obsolete.
“We need a national resolution of this crisis. We need a scientific solution. We need a modern solution to this problem.
“State governors are already investing in ranching”.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister