Some angry youths have set ablaze the house of the Seriki Fulani of Oyo State, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir.
The house was set ablaze in Igangan town in Ibarapa North Local government area of the State on Friday.
Our correspondent learnt that about eleven cars were also set ablaze during the incident.
It was gathered that the house was set ablaze few hours after the visit of Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho to the town.
Mr. Adeyemo had earlier issued a seven (7) day ultimatum to herdsmen who have been accused of kidnapping, killing and attack on innocent Nigerians in Ibarapa geopolitical zone of the state.
Public Relations Officer of Jamunatirube, Alhaji Mustafa Aliu confirmed the incident to journalists.
Abdulkadir also confirmed the attack on his house.
He said, “As we speak, we are in the bush. Our cars numbering about eleven have been burnt. Some of my children sustained injuries and we are finding a way to take them to the hospital. My children have left their houses for the bush.
“We need government to help us. Police, operation burst and other security agencies were there when they set my house ablaze.”
But a close aide to Mr. Adeyemo who spoke on condition of anonymity said the incident must have been after his master had left Igangan town.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG