Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis
The Oyo State governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde, has announced the suspension of his campaign activities over the unending fuel and new naira-note crisis.
Governor Seyi Makinde, whose campaign trail has visited some parts of Oyo State, said this during the Flag-off of the Omi-Adio-Ido Road on Friday.
The Governor said the suspension is in solidarity with the people over anti-people economy policies of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government.
A statement by the Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Dr. Wasiu Olatubosun confirmed this.
In the statement, Makinde, who was in Ido to continue his campaign, directed that all campaign activities be suspended until further notice.
Olatubosun said Governor Makinde noted that the suffering of his people is too much, saying he was elected to protect their interests and well-being.
Dr. Olatubosun said Governor Makinde, who flagged-off the Omi Adio-Ido Road in an emotional laden voice, directed leaders of the Party in Oyo State to suspend the campaign.
“As a mark of honour to citizens and residents of Oyo State, the Executive Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde has directed that all campaign activities of the party at all levels be suspended until further notice”, the statement read.
He added, “Governor Seyi Makinde’s love for his people necessitated this unprecedented move, at this time. We urge all residents and citizens of the State to remain calm as we navigate through this difficult period together.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents