This is contained in a statement on Friday in Ibadan by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mrs Olubamiwo Adeosun.
Adeosun said the restriction would enable voters in the 33 local government areas of the state to participate freely in the May 22 local government elections.
She said the restriction would also enable the Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission (OYSIEC) officials conduct the exercise unhindered.
She directed all registered voters in the state to freely participate in the election and remain law abiding.
The SSG further stated that during the period of the restriction, security operatives would stop unauthorised movements in all parts of the state.
“Only persons on essential duties will be exempted from the restriction order.
“The public is hereby advised to observe the restriction order to avoid any form of brushes with security operatives.
“Indigenes and residents of the state are as well enjoined to go out to cast their votes in line with prescribed guidelines of OYSIEC,” she said.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution