Hajiya Sadiya Farouk, Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, has handed over 36,474 assorted bags of grains to Gombe State Government for distribution to the poor and vulnerable.
Presenting the palliatives from the Federal Government on Wednesday in Gombe, Farouk said the grains, which consist of maize, millet and guinea corn, were part of Federal Government’s efforts to cushion the effects of COVID-19 on the poor and vulnerable persons in the state.
Speaking earlier during a courtesy visit on Gov. Inuwa Yahaya, the minister conveyed the sympathy of the Federal Government over the flood and rainstorm in some parts of the state, which led to loss of lives and destruction of properties.
She said preliminary findings had revealed the need for relieve intervention; and that the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), had been mandated to provide the necessary support in this regard.
Farouk said she was in Gombe for a working visit and to hand over the relieve items to the govt for the poor and vulnerable persons.
According to her, many people deserve government’s intervention because they are currently going through challenges because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Receiving the items, Yahaya appreciated the Federal Government for the kind gesture.
The governor assured the minister that the grains would reach the target beneficiaries, who are the poor and vulnerable, worse hit by the pandemic.
According to him, the state government is very much aware of the plight of such group of persons who have mostly lost their sources of livelihood.
Also speaking earlier, Mr Mela Nunge, Commissioner for Special Duties, said the ministry had received the items through NEMA in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment