A socio-cultural group, Orisun Igbomina, has urged the people of Kwara State to extend more support to Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq in order to deliver more dividends of democracy to the electorate.
The President-General of the group, Chief Gbenga Awoyale, stated this in his congratulatory message to the governor over the APC’s victory at the bye-election into the Kwara State House of Assembly held in Patigi at the weekend.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Hon. Adam Rufai of the APC scored 10,354 to emerge victorious over his closest rival, Mohammed Salihu Yahaya of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, (PDP) scored 4,623.
Awoyale further described Governor Abdulrazaq as “Peoples Governor” who enjoins firm loyalty and supports from the people despite distractions caused by some unpatriotic party members who are involved in anti-party activities.
He noted that, “Despite the fact that the so called ‘Kwara Abuja self-made leaders’ and acclaimed party men are working underground for the opposition, he is still in charge and loved by the people of the state as displayed in the bye-election. APC under the leadership of the amiable and clear-eyed governor is still the party to beat in the state.
“I hereby call on all well-meaning Kwarans to continue to join hands with the governor to completely break us from the shackles of slavery politics of the past so we never allow it to happen again under any guise.”
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget