Sen. John Akpanudoedehe, National Secretary APC Caretaker and Extra-ordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), said this in a statement on Monday in Abuja.
“Going by the communique issued by the PDP Governors’ Forum at the end of its meeting on Monday, it is unfortunate that the PDP governors chose to engage in misplaced name calling and abuses,” he said.
According to Akpanudoedehe, the PDP also failed to seize a golden opportunity provided by the meeting to offer meaningful and patriotic contributions on the state of the nation.
He said it was disappointing that the supposed PDP governors consultative meeting turned out to be “a political jamboree and its outcome a waste of time, with no substance”.
He stressed that the efforts and records of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government on revamping the economy and devolution of powers was visible and unmatched.
He added that the administration’s efforts at upgrading the country’s security architecture, governance and electoral reforms, addressing perennial farmers and herders clashes,and public sector reforms were also visible.
Akpanudoedehe recalled that President Buhari on May 20, 2020 signed an executive order on the implementation of financial autonomy of state legislature and Judiciary, which was rejected by the PDP governors.
He assured Nigerians that the Buhari-led government would continue to identify and partner with patriotic and well meaning individuals and interests in its determined efforts to make the country better while addressing its challenges.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List