Governors of the thirteen People’s Democratic Party (PDP) controlled states are currently meeting at the International Conference Centre of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ibadan.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the 13 governors are; Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto, Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue state, Douye Diri of Bayelsa, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom, Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu.
Others are Umar Fintiri of Adamawa, Bala Mohammed of Bauchi, Nyesom Wike of Rivers, Godwin Obaseki of Edo. the host governor Seyi Makinde and the deputy governor of Zamfara state – Aliyu Gusau who represented Gov. Bello Matawalle.
It is expected that Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba and Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River would join others as the meeting progresses.
The governors, who arrived the conference Centre at exactly 1:10 p.m. in a coaster bus, went into a closed door session.
Feelers from the venue revealed that the gathering of the governors was centered on the security challenges across the country.
The meeting which is being presided over by the chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state, will also discuss issues relating to the progress of the party.
It is expected that a communique will be issued at the end of the meeting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal