Former Ekiti Governor Ayo Fayose has conceded the South-West leadership of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to Oyo Governor Seyi Makinde.
He made the declaration on Monday during the South-West Zonal Congress at the Women and Children Development Initiative Foundation (WOCDIF), Osogbo, Osun State.
Speaking in English and Yoruba, Fayose said “Nothing will last forever. And if I have offended anybody, I apologize.
“Don’t allow them to give us a name that’s not ours in Yorubaland. The time of our Governor, Seyi Makinde, will not fail.
Fayose further used a proverb to describe what went wrong. He said “Ija l’ode t’orin d’owe”. Meaning: “It was the fight that occurred that made a song become a proverb”.
“Seyi Makinde and I are one since. But under any leadership regardless of the level, you are our father. God will help you succeed.”
Governor Samuel Ortom, Chairman of the South-West Zonal Congress Electoral/Congress Committee, was represented by his Deputy, Benson Adounu.
The former Governor of Ekiti State, H.E Ayodele Fayose has agreed to the leadership of Oyo State Governor, H.E., Seyi Makinde in PDP South West. He has apologised for his wrongs and pledged his support for the Party and Seyi Makinde leadership. pic.twitter.com/lWAWaCMWJO
— Premier (@SodiqTade) April 12, 2021
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded