Ndanenu said this when he spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Sunday, adding that the PDP’s marginal victory at the election had further confirmed that the APC was gaining ground in the state.
He said it was almost certain that the APC would take over Delta Government House in 2023, going by the development.
The APC chieftain said that the PDP and its members should therefore not rejoice over the development.
“It was only feather weight politicians, and a few apologists of PDP that will still believe that the APC has no place in Delta.
“The game of politics is a game of numbers which requires absolute control of the majority with high level of political influence,” he said.
He added that the PDP should instead of celebrating its marginal victory at election, think of ways of advancing its popularity in the state if it must remain relevant in the scheme of things.
Ndanenu said serious minded PDP members should be in sober reflection, reflecting on the outcome of the election and mourning over its declining popularity.
“They should be mourning over the imminent extinction of their once upon a time dominant party in Delta that used to declare election results in millions, but now struggling to get votes at unit levels.
“A little above 100 votes at the ward levels and a few thousands in the total Local Government Area ( LGA)election result is not a thing to rejoice about or to be celebrated.
” This, is especially after all manner of inducements and intimidation of opposition party members.
“What the just concluded election shows is that APC has made serious inroad in Delta politics, however, there is need for all hands to be on deck,” Ndanenu said.
He stressed that with little hard work and commitment, the APC would be able to dislodge the PDP from Delta Government House in 2023.
The PDP candidate Mr Ovuakpoye Evivie, won the Isoko South I State Constituency by-election with 6,907 votes.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA
- Kwara Gov greets Olofa of Offa at 59