Mrs Rakiya Zubairu, Head, Public Relations, NSC, made this known in a statement in Lagos on Tuesday
She said that Ajani also commended the council for other initiatives aimed at trade facilitation, to boost the nation’s economy and deliver high quality service to shippers.
Ajani, according to the statement, spoke in response to the briefing she received from Mr Hassan Bello, Executive Secretary of the council.
Bello had led a team of top management staff to the Federal Ministry of Transportation in Abuja.
Ajani encouraged the management to press ahead with the impressive work they were doing, assuring them of the ministry’s support.
“The prospect of the actualisation of VTAs in various parts of Nigeria leading to a significant reduction of road traffic accidents is very commendable.
“The VTAs will create sanity on the roads while generating employment.
“The National Single Window is also very important for the development of the maritime sector in Nigeria as it will ease the business of shipping,” she said.
The permanent secretary commended heads of maritime agencies their monthly meeting during which issues within the industry are discussed exhaustively with a view to finding solutions.
“The Ministry expects synergy and collaboration amongst all the agencies under its supervision in order to deliver on the mandate of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We promise that the ministry will assist Shippers’ Council to actualise its goals,” she said.
She pointed out the importance of further synergy between the Nigerian Railway Corporation and Shippers Council in transportation of containers to and from the ports.
In his presentation, Bello spoke about various ongoing projects and initiatives that the council had embarked upon.
He told the permanent secretary about the push for 24-hour port operations, efforts to address congestion at the ports, multimodal transportation of goods to and from the ports and digitalisation.
He also spoke about challenges, particularly resistance to regulation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector