The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has concluded a 4-day engagements lined up for the Nigerian Air Force 58th anniversary celebration held at the NAF Base, Kano, Kano State.
The Minister’s spokesman, Mohammed AbdulKadri, stated this in a statement issued on Tuesday.
Magashi who joined President Muhammadu Buhari at the closing ceremony was the special guest of honour at the two major events; NAF 58th anniversary celebration Seminar as well as Gala and Re- Union night, ROYAL NEWS reports.
As part of the itinerary of President Muhammadu Buhari in Kano, the Defence Minister shortly after he received the C-in-C at the Aminu Kano International Airport escorted him on visitation to the Palace of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, before the Presidential team later converged on the NAF base, venue for the ceremonial parade.
The President who was the reviewing officer witnessed the ceremonial Air power display tagged “Fly Past” by the Air Marshal Oladayo Amao-led Nigerian Air Force pilots who showed their mastery of the aircrafts and capabilities of the platforms in defending the nation’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
The colourful ceremony was attended by Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, Members of the National Assembly, Chief of Defence Staff General Leo Irabor and Service Chiefs as well as former Chief of Defence Staff and former Chiefs of Air Staff even as it also featured R&D Exhibitions and photo galleries by the tri- services.
The obviously elated President Buhari had earlier commended the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Amao, Officers, Airmen and Airwomen for doing a good job for the nation later and inspected the galleries before his departure to Abuja.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt