By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
Nigeria police Kaduna state command said it has killed one bandit and recovered from him an Ak47 rifle loaded with seventeen rounds of live ammunition while other bandits flee with bullet wounds.
The operative which disclosed this in a statement signed by the command spokesman Asp Mohammad Jalige on Tuesday in Kaduna, added that the operation was conducted in collaboration with Nigerian army and navy personnel.
“The operatives of Kaduna Police Command in collaboration with Nigerian army and Navy had on 11th April, 2022 at about 1600hrs acted on information that some scrupulous elements with sophisticated weapons suspected to be bandits have invaded Akwando Village in Kachia LGA to ferment their usual carnage”, it stated.
The statement further explained that “On getting the information the combined team of the operative immediately went to the location to prevent the criminals from carrying out their nefarious mission.
“The criminal elements on sighting the operatives, they started firing which the operatives return fire with tactic and precision and succeeded in neutralizing one bandit and recovered from him an Ak47 rifle loaded with seventeen (17) rounds of live ammunition while the remaining bandits flee with bullet wounds.
“The corpse has so been deposited at Kachia General Hospital as investigation and rigorous patrol is ongoing with a view to apprehending the fleeing bandits to face the full glare of law.
“Meanwhile, normalcy has since been restored to the affected community while information from general public regarding suspected gun injury will be highly appreciated and will be treated with absolute confidentiality”, it stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES