Plateau’s governor-elect says transition committee critical to handover
Plateau’s governor-elect, Mr Caleb Mutfwtang said on Monday in Jos that the state’s transition council has a critical role to play in the handing over of power.
This is contained in a statement issued by Mr Abraham Yiljab, Director of Media and Publicity of the Atiku-Okowa/Muftwang-Piyo Campaign Council of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau.
He stated that the governor-elect would inaugurate the transition council on April 25, and also formally dissolve the 200-member PDP Campaign Council in the state, headed by Chief Letep Dabang
Members of the campaign council served in the 19 campaign directorates of the PDP in the state.
Incumbent Gov. Simon Lalong of the All Progressives Congress (APC) inaugurated a 13-member central planning committee on April 3 for the handover and swearing of the incoming government.
The committee is expected to be joined by members nominated by the incoming government to ensure smooth transition on May 29.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari