Police has arrested five members of a suspected armed robbery syndicate terrorizing Bauchi metropolis.
Spokesman of the State Police Command, DSP Ahmed Mohammad Wakil, who confirmed the incident on Tuesday, September 29, said the suspects were arrested after they allegedly robbed a 23-year-old woman and hacked her with cutlass.
Police arrest 5-man armed robbery syndicate that matcheted 23-year-old woman in Bauchi
Wakil identified the suspects as:
(1) Endurance Luya ‘m’ aged 28yrs of Gwallameji,
(2) Daniel Adamu AKA Small ‘m’ aged 20yrs of Yelwan Tudu,
(3) Emmanuel Hassan AKA Junior ‘m’ aged 23yrs of Rafin Zurfi,
(4) Aliyu Sulaiman AKA Aljan ‘m’ aged 25yrs of Gwallameji
(5) Yunusa Ali AKA Raka ‘m’ aged 19yrs
According to the PPRO, on September 26, the suspects conspired among themselves and broke into Banana Island lodge in Gwallameji.
“They entered into the room of one Fukaihat Ayuba Isah, 23, macheted her with cutlass as a result she sustain various degree of injures and robbed her some valuables. On receipt of the report team of policemen were drafted to the scene victim was rushed to ATBU Teaching Hospital Bauchi currently on admission,” the statement reads.
The suspects made away with the victim’s belongings including a box containing her clothes, a Zinox Laptop, Itel mobile phone, Mattress, Gas cylinder and a purse containing seven hundred naira (N700).
“Upon preliminary investigation all the suspects were arrested in possession of some the items mentioned above all of them confessed to have committed the crime. Case has been transferred to SCID for discreet investigation.” Wakil added.
Items recovered from the suspects includes one blood stained cutlass, knieves and three sanitary pads
“The Command make emphasis that safety and security is not the sole responsibility of security agencies alone, hence members of the public must play a vital role towards ensuring peace by availing the Police with useful information that will be instrumental to unbundling of criminal acts and tendencies,” the statement concludes.
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure