Police arrest woman extorting money for PVCs
The Police Command in Enugu State says it has arrested the woman in a trending video allegedly extorting money before issuing voter cards to their owners.
This is contained in a statement by the command Public Relations Officer, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, on Thursday in Enugu.
“Police detectives serving in the State Criminal Investigation Department of Enugu State Command on Jan. 31, 2023, arrested a female suspect, one Chinwendu Nnamani, 41.
“Nnamani was involved in the viral social media video clip in which she is seen and alleged to be selling INEC Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) at the sum of One Thousand Naira, at a Primary School in Emene, Enugu.
“Also arrested is one Nkiruka Patience Obinna, 38, identified as an INEC staff and alleged to have given the said PVCs to the first suspect for distribution to the actual owners.
“Investigation has been concluded, the case charged to court in line with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022, and the suspects arraigned accordingly,” he said.
The police spokesman further said that the suspects were granted bail and the case adjourned to Feb.15 for further hearing.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition