Police recover arms, POS machines, others from criminals in Benue
By Aboje Anefu, Makurdi
Benue State Police Command has recovered firearms, including two locally made pistols, one live cartridge, one locally fabricated baretta pistol loaded with two rounds of live ammunition from criminals in the state.
Also received were one laptop, POS machines, one mobile phone, one printer and papers.
This was disclosed by the Command’s spokesperson, SP Catherine Anene in a press release made available to newsmen in Makurdi on Wednesday.
According to her, the locally made pistols, one live cartridge and mobile phone were recovered from one Moses Jonah and Moses Anyawo Dantalla who were arrested by detectives while robbing people at Total Filling Station at New Garage Makurdi.
The police spokesperson also disclosed that the fabricated baretta pistol and two rounds of live ammunition were recovered from one Terna Iornenge, who had leaves on his motorcycle pretending to be returning from burial, during stop and search exercise by the police along Vandeikya-Adikpo road.
She said the police also arrested one Terseer Tsav, Sunday Ikpa and Shami Nichola who were sighted printing fake revenue receipts at Logo 1 Makurdi.
Other suspects who indulge in robbing POS operators were arrested by police detectives, like one Kator Orfa, Terese Iordye, Ayoosu and Terkula Igba who were arrested at Yaikyo area of Makurdi.
“The Commissioner of Police, Benue State Command, Cp. Wale Abass who condemned this act of sabotage has reiterated his commitment to create an enabling environment for economic activities to thrive and warned that perpetuators of this act will be dealt with in accordance with the law,” SP Anene said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill