The Kwara State Police Command received an information yesterday 8/4/2021 at about 0930hrs of an armed conflict between Share/ Kangre/Sagbe communities of Ifelodun local government, based on the information, the commissioner of Police Kwara State, CP Mohammed Lawal Bagega psc, swiftly despatched men from police mobile force squadron 15, and conventional police men in conjunction with other sister security agencies from Ilorin to strengthen the policemen on ground both in Share and Tsaragi, which eventually brought the crisis under control, however, at the dawn of the crisis, one Azeez Shuaib ‘m’ of Dimon compound Share was shot dead while one Jamiu Mari Oyo ‘m’ also of Dimon compound sustained gun shot injuries from the combatants. The dead and injured are presently at Share general hospital.
The crisis was reported to have started when a family of onireke compound Share went to clear their farmland and were attacked by youths of Kangre and Sagbe communities. Houses were torched and other properties destroyed.
The commissioner of police, CP Mohammed Lawal Bagega psc, has ordered a full scale investigation of the matter while advising the public to always take advantage of all lawful means of settling rifts rather than take laws into their hands.
While commiserating with the family of the deceased,he promised to use every possible means to get to the root of the crisis and ensure that culprits are brought to justice.
SP Okasanmi Ajayi (anipr)
Police Public Relations Officer
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
KWARA STATE POLICE COMMAND
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn