The Kano State Police Command says it has rescued an 80-year-old community leader, Alhaji Yusuf Nadabo, abducted in Chiromawa town of Garun Mallam Local Government Area of the state.
Alhaji Nadabo, who owns Chiromawa Petroleum Station, holds the traditional title of Sarkin Noman Kano, the leader of Kano farmers.
It was gathered that the victim was abducted by armed kidnappers at his filling station located at Bakin Tasha area around 7:35pm on Friday, November 12.
Spokesperson of the command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, who confirmed the rescue to newsmen, said after receiving the report that the man was kidnapped, the command immediately swung into action.
“On receipt of the report, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Sama’ila Shu’aibu Dikko, raised and instructed a team of Operation Puff Adder led by CSP Usman Maisoro to rescue the victim and arrest the culprits,” he stated.
According to the PPRO, after the police mounted pressure on the kidnappers, they released the victim.
“With combined efforts of local Vigilante and members of the community, the kidnappers were trailed and with sustained follow up, they released the victim unhurt on the same date at about 2020hrs and fled. More Puff Adder teams have been deployed and were directed to ensure the arrest of the culprits,” Kiyawa added.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy