The Presidency has finally reacted to the allegations Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has been sidelined from governance.
Speaking with journalists on Wednesday in Abuja, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Babajide Omoworare and his House of Representatives, Hon. Umar El-Yakub, also clarified that the office of the Vice President has not been relegated.
They explained that the President could perform his constitutional duties from anywhere once it’s within 14 days.
Specifically, Omoworare noted that the constitution permits the President to work from anywhere, but was, however, silent on why President Muhammadu Buhari failed to transmit a letter to the National Assembly, handing over responsibilities to the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo.
Explaining the workings of the budget, while fielding questions from newsmen, El-Yakub said “I like to agree with you that it is not the cycle that will make the budget work. But obviously it is ensuring that there is timely releases and timely execution of projects which a January December budget cycle provides.
“I have also mentioned the fact that part of the revenue that was drawn that goes into this budget and the finance has captured some of the revenues that we expect. I like to differ with you on the fact that capital budget are being released. Mr President gave directive that N600billion be released so as to make the 40 per cent implementation of the capital budget.
“The Minister of Finance has disbursed this money and he is disbursing this money. The budget will work because it affords us proper planning. I am sure you know that infrastructure projects have suffered before because of the fact that budgets are signed towards the middle of the year and it is raining season and therefore they can’t even access the funds because the work cannot be done on major roads, bridges and even power projects.”
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment