President Buhari not in charge in Aso Rock – Soyinka
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari is not in charge of Nigeria.
Soyinka stated this during an interview on PlusTv Africa on Thursday.
He was reacting to an open letter written to the President by retired colonel and former Military Administrator of Kaduna, Umar Dangiwa.
In the letter, Dangiwa accused Buhari of appointing only people from Northern Nigeria into office.
Dangiwa cited a few examples to back up his allegations and warned Buhari to stop ignoring Christians and those from Southern Nigeria.
Soyinka said: “I have said this before. I don’t believe there is really anybody in charge in Aso Rock. I’ve been studying the trend over the past year and a half and I believe this president is not in charge of this nation, in so many aspects and directions.
“It is not the fact alone, we know the history of this. We know what it has caused the nation and we know it isn’t over yet. And you say you are launching an enquiry. That’s not enough.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%