Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari is not in charge of Nigeria.
Soyinka stated this during an interview on PlusTv Africa on Thursday.
He was reacting to an open letter written to the President by retired colonel and former Military Administrator of Kaduna, Umar Dangiwa.
In the letter, Dangiwa accused Buhari of appointing only people from Northern Nigeria into office.
Dangiwa cited a few examples to back up his allegations and warned Buhari to stop ignoring Christians and those from Southern Nigeria.
Soyinka said: “I have said this before. I don’t believe there is really anybody in charge in Aso Rock. I’ve been studying the trend over the past year and a half and I believe this president is not in charge of this nation, in so many aspects and directions.
“It is not the fact alone, we know the history of this. We know what it has caused the nation and we know it isn’t over yet. And you say you are launching an enquiry. That’s not enough.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank