The brief swearing-in ceremony which took place on Wednesday at the Council Chambers in the Presidential Villa had in attendance the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila and Senate President, Ahmed Lawan.
Those sworn in include; Mohammed Haruna (Niger State) Mrs Agbamuche Mbu (Delta) Okeagu Nnamdi (Abia) Maj. Gen. Abubakar Alkali (Rtd.) (Adamawa) Professor Rada Gumus (Bayelsa) Mr. Sam Elumeku (Ogun).The president’s chief of staff, Ibrahim Gambari, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno (Rtd) and some ministers.
Speaking shortly after the ceremony, Chairman of INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu had this to say;
“Well, it’s a good day for the Commission, with the swearing-in of the six National Commissioners, we have the full complements of 12 National Commissioners.
“It’s coming three days to by-elections in four states of the Federation and as we plan for the Ekiti and Osun governorship elections.
“As we continue to prepare for the 2023 general elections, we will go on firing on all cylinders now” He said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC