The brief swearing-in ceremony which took place on Wednesday at the Council Chambers in the Presidential Villa had in attendance the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila and Senate President, Ahmed Lawan.
Those sworn in include; Mohammed Haruna (Niger State) Mrs Agbamuche Mbu (Delta) Okeagu Nnamdi (Abia) Maj. Gen. Abubakar Alkali (Rtd.) (Adamawa) Professor Rada Gumus (Bayelsa) Mr. Sam Elumeku (Ogun).The president’s chief of staff, Ibrahim Gambari, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno (Rtd) and some ministers.
Speaking shortly after the ceremony, Chairman of INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu had this to say;
“Well, it’s a good day for the Commission, with the swearing-in of the six National Commissioners, we have the full complements of 12 National Commissioners.
“It’s coming three days to by-elections in four states of the Federation and as we plan for the Ekiti and Osun governorship elections.
“As we continue to prepare for the 2023 general elections, we will go on firing on all cylinders now” He said.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List