IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, alleged that Buhari traveled to Kenya to induce President Uhuru Kenyatta to cover up his role in the “rendition” of Kanu.
Kanu was rearrested and repatriated to Nigeria in June 2021 from Kenya by security agents.
Buhari is currently in Kenya on an official visit, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Kenyan Government had severally denied knowledge of Kanu’s arrest and departure from their country.
However, Powerful claimed that Buhari is trying to prevent Kenyatta from leaking his involvement in Kanu’s rendition.
In a statement he signed, Powerful said: “We are the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB under the leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. We want to tell the world why President Muhamnadu Buhari went to Kenya.
“Buhari went to Kenya to induce President Uhuru Kenyatta to see how both of them can collude in covering their crime against humanity which they committed via their roles in the extraordinary rendition of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
“Buhari doesn’t want Uhuru Kenyatta to leak more information about what transpired in Kanu’s extraordinary rendition. The revelations so far made at the Kenya Court have made Buhari very uncomfortable, hence his desperation to stop further revelations.
“Nigeria and Kenya know what fate awaits them over their duplicity in that criminal act, hence the secret move by both Presidents to hold meetings on how to cover their flanks.
“Both Presidents know they are guests of the International Court. They cannot escape it!
“We, therefore, urge the international community to monitor Buhari’s unscheduled trip to Kenya. Buhari and his allies will never succeed in their desperation to scuttle Biafra restoration struggle. The only thing that will save Uhuru Kenyatta is truth. He shouldn’t allow Buhari to induce him against speaking the truth.”
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt