IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, alleged that Buhari traveled to Kenya to induce President Uhuru Kenyatta to cover up his role in the “rendition” of Kanu.
Kanu was rearrested and repatriated to Nigeria in June 2021 from Kenya by security agents.
Buhari is currently in Kenya on an official visit, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Kenyan Government had severally denied knowledge of Kanu’s arrest and departure from their country.
However, Powerful claimed that Buhari is trying to prevent Kenyatta from leaking his involvement in Kanu’s rendition.
In a statement he signed, Powerful said: “We are the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB under the leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. We want to tell the world why President Muhamnadu Buhari went to Kenya.
“Buhari went to Kenya to induce President Uhuru Kenyatta to see how both of them can collude in covering their crime against humanity which they committed via their roles in the extraordinary rendition of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
“Buhari doesn’t want Uhuru Kenyatta to leak more information about what transpired in Kanu’s extraordinary rendition. The revelations so far made at the Kenya Court have made Buhari very uncomfortable, hence his desperation to stop further revelations.
“Nigeria and Kenya know what fate awaits them over their duplicity in that criminal act, hence the secret move by both Presidents to hold meetings on how to cover their flanks.
“Both Presidents know they are guests of the International Court. They cannot escape it!
“We, therefore, urge the international community to monitor Buhari’s unscheduled trip to Kenya. Buhari and his allies will never succeed in their desperation to scuttle Biafra restoration struggle. The only thing that will save Uhuru Kenyatta is truth. He shouldn’t allow Buhari to induce him against speaking the truth.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State