The Olomu of Omupo, HRH Alhaji Yakub Adebayo BUARI II, and the entire people of the community have strongly denied the report of purported ritualist and his activities in Omupo, Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, published by an online medium, operanews.com
The community described the report as false, far from thruth and a calculated attempt by some unscrumplus elements to embarrass the pece loving Community.
The community according to a statement signed by the National Pressident of Omupo Descendants Union (ODU), Dr Monisoye Olorunsola Afolabi said the community wished to state without any iota of equivocation that the story is FALSE in its entirety as nothing of what was reported happened in their domain.
He said the they are unsure of the motive or objective of a report of such potentially damaging
magnitude, saying in a vehement termthat nothing of such happened in the community.
According to the statement, there is no such habitation in Omupo known as Idi-ifa, Arole Compound, as contained in the publication.
It added that the story was attributed to Kwaratv as its source, but the Station has denied any knowledge of such a story, pointing out that at 09:43 am, on Thursday, 12th March 2020, the Station published a rebuttal on its NUJ Kwara Council Platform to this effect.
It added that the police has also denied having knowledge of such report in the state
The community therefore demanded for a conspicuous rebuttal of the story in its entirety, with a formal apology to H.R.H., The Olomu of Omupo Land and his entire subjects by the publishers of the said story.
Meanwhile, the community used the medium to announce the celebration of the 10th Coronation Anniversary of H.R.H., The Olomu of Omupo, which will hold on Saturday, 13th June, 2020, as all friends and lovers of Omupo are cordially invited to the celebration of various milestone achievements in the first decade of the current Olomu of Omupo.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders