The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will begin the distribution of the Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) today, December 12, as confirmed by its Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education, Mr. Festus Okoye.
Speaking at a parley with the Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) from the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Okoye said the commission had met to discuss several issues on the 2023 general election, including PVC.
He further disclosed that Nigerians can collect their PVCs between 9 a.m and 3 p.m daily, including Saturdays and Sundays.
In a bid to ease difficulties in collecting PVCs, the commission has approved the collection of the PVC in 8,809 Registration Areas/Wards across the country.
He said; “After January 15, 2023, the exercise will revert to the local government offices of the commission until January 22, 2023.
“Those who are unable to collect their PVCs at the local government offices of the commission can do so at the Registration Areas/Electoral Wards.
“INEC had held a retreat in Lagos with its Administrative Secretaries and RECs from the 36 states of the federation and the FCT between November 28 and December 2, 2022.
“At the retreat, the commission finalised the procedure as well as the timetable for collection of PVCs.”
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets