The emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged residents of the state to watch out for the crescent of the moon signifying the commencement of the month of Ramadan for this year.
The emir stated this in a statement issued on Saturday by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona.
He monarch stressed the need for Muslims to await the official announcement from constituted authorities for the commencement of the spiritual exercise stressing that amore time should be devouted for prayers and good deeds.
The statement however appealed to Muslims to allow the teachings of Allah and His Prophets to reflect in their conducts throughout the glorious month and beyond.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also implored wealthy individuals to extend hands of charity and brotherliness to the less privileged in order to maximise the numerous blessings that abounds in the holy month.
Facebook Comments Box
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai