Refinery: 45years, Dangote came to Lagos with nothing— Sanwo-Olu
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed that the Chairman of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, came to Lagos state from Kano with nothing 45 years ago but now, he has set up an empire in Nigeria to make Africa proud.
He commended the business mogul for the establishment of his refinery in Nigeria, particularly Lagos.
Sanwo-Olu gave the commendation while speaking at the commissioning of the refinery.
He said, “The first story is about a young Nigerian 45 years ago and you see the coincidence in the story. 45 years ago, who came to Lagos, all the way from another mega-city, Kano, who saw the prosperity, the diversity of our country, who came with nothing but in 45 years has built the biggest empire in the world for Africa.”
The Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical Project, a subsidiary of Dangote Industries Limited owned by Aliko Dangote, was commissioned today.
It is located at Dangote Industries Free Zone, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, and it is set up to process crude oil grades from the continent of Africa, Asia and America, with a delivery of a surplus of close to 38 million litres of petrol, diesel, kerosene and aviation fuel for Nigeria daily
The refinery set up to refine 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day transforms crude oil into different usage of petroleum products such as diesel, gasoline, jet fuel and kerosene.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa