Igbo youths known as Coalition of South East Youth Leaders, COSEYL, have demanded the immediate release of Eze Igbo in Ajao Estate in Lagos, Eze Fredrick Nwajagu, arrested on Saturday by the operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS.
DSS arrested Nwajagu for threatening in a viral video on Saturday to invite members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to help protect Ndigbo living in Lagos and their property against attacks by hoodlums.
In response to the arrest on Saturday, COSEYL, in a statement by its President General, Goodluck Ibem, said DSS and the Nigeria Police had left the real problem to chase shadows.
Ibem wondered why the Police and DSS did not go after MC Oluomo, who intimidated Igbos during last Month’s gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections.
He lamented that when alleged attacks were meted on the Igbos in Lagos during March 18 elections, DSS and Police lost their steam but suddenly got it back after Nwajagu’s comment.
According to them, Nwajagu’s comment came due to the continued silence of security operatives despite the alleged attack on Igbos in Lagos.
The group warned that security operatives should not maltreat Igbos in Lagos.
“The same police and DSS that arrested Eze Fredrick Nwajagu and other innocent Igbos, what did they do when thugs were killing and attacking Igbos and their properties in Lagos during and after the general elections? The answer is nothing”, the statement reads in part.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption