Adaramodu gave the assurance at the unveiling of nine books on NYSC and a maiden NYSC film to commemorate the 48th anniversary of the scheme in Abuja on Thursday, NAN reports.
He said that sponsoring a bill on scraping the scheme should not rattle the agency because any member has the right to sponsor bill at the National Assembly.
Scrapping NYSC will lead to high crime rate – HURIWA warns Buhari
“But the Speaker, the rest of us, the leadership of the house believe in the scheme and the scheme has come to stay in Nigeria.
“So the scheme is going nowhere, nobody is scrapping it.
“I want to tell you that we are behind you, we are with you, we are for you, once you see us here, you should know that we are together and we are fully with you.
Buhari’s Minister, Dare kicks against call to scrap NYSC
“Mr Speaker even said that I should felicitate the D-G and his team for this task and that he is very interested in getting the books,” Adaramodu said.
Prof. Okpeh Okpeh, President, Historical Society of Nigeria, while reviewing the books, said that he particularly liked the one titled ‘NYSC (1973-2020): Emergence, Growth and Development.’
He said that this was because even with the poor reading culture of Nigerians, the pictures that accompanied the write up were sure to attract people and encaurage them to read.
Okpeh said that the scheme might not be putting money in the coffers of the Federal Government but the national integration it fosters can not be over emphasised.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal