President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged to retain the Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, ahead of his second term tenure.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Consultative Forum in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State at a press conference held in Ilorin on Tuesday scored the minister high in the discharge of his duties.
The group led by Dr. Hezekiah Oyedepo, said Mohammed had carved a niche and justified the confidence reposed in him in various offices he had occupied.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the minister hails from Oro in Irepodun local government area of the state.
Buhari, who was re-elected in the last presidential election, would be sworn-in for second term in office come May 29.
The forum however recalled that the minister worked in collaboration with other stakeholders to ensure the victory of the APC in Kwara State in the just concluded general elections.
Oyedepo further noted that the former APC National Publicity Secretary, within his stint as minister, attracted numerous projects to the people of the state.
He noted that his credible performance as an appointee of government and at party level was sufficient to earn him reappointment in the next cabinet.
Oyedepo, who led other chieftains of the party at the briefing, pleaded with the leaders of the party to prevail on the President to see that Mohammed retains his position in the federal executive council.
“Due to the demonstrable and inherent usefulness of our son, Lai Mohammed to his party, the Federal and State Government, the fact that God has used him to deliver Kwara State from the clutches of the wicked into the fresh air of APC, Lai Mohammed should be retained as a Minister.
“Sound management thinking, which dictates that you do not change the Star of a winning team midway expects no less.
“We appeal to the authorities, particularly the President, Vice President, National Chairman of APC, National Leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and all other authorities concerned to retain our son as a member of a new cabinet to be constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari in the next cabinet.
“Alhaji Lai Mohammed is our son, an illustrious son for that matter. We cherish him in Irepodun LGA of Kwara State. We are proud of him and proudly associate with his achievements”, Oyedepo said.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn