Head of Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita has been sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari, over alleged N3bn bribery and falsification of duty tour allowance.
Buhari also approved the appointment of Dr Folashade Yemi-Esan as the acting Head of the Civil Service of the Federation with immediate effect.
The President’s decision was conveyed in a statement on Wednesday by the Director of Information in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Willie Bassey.
The statement said Oyo-Ita had been directed to proceed on an indefinite leave to allow conclusion of the investigation being carried out by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Bassey said, “Yemi-Esan, who is the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources takes over from Mrs. Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita, who has been directed to proceed on an indefinite leave to allow conclusion of the investigation being carried out by EFCC.”
The President also directed the OHCSF to commence the process for the selection of new permanent secretaries.
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations