The Katsina Police Command on Wednesday announced scheduled closure of some highways in the state as parts of security measures for the President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit.
The affected highways are Dutsinma-Kankara and Dutsinma-Tsaskiya.
Also to be closed are adjoining roads to them.
The closure will be from 1PM to 6PM. on Thursday.
The command also announced restrictions on the movements of commuters, cyclists and herders during the period.
The President is expected in the state on Thursday to inaugurate the Zobe regional water supply project and Tsaskiya road.
The affected roads are within the communities where the two projects to be commissioned are located .
A statement by the command’s spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, in Katsina on Wednesday, read, “The Katsina State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, will arrive Katsina on 15th July, 2021 for the commissioning of Zobe Regional Water Supply Project and newly built Tsaskiya road, Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State.
“In view of the above, the Command wishes to announce the temporary closure of Dutsinma–Kankara road, Dutsinma-Tsaskiya road and other adjoining roads to the venue of the two events on 15th July, 2021 from 13:00hrs – 18:00hrs.
“Members of the public, especially commuters, herders, pedestrians and cyclists are hereby directed to use alternative roads. “
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution