The Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) failed to realise its tax target for the 2019/2020 fiscal year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an official said.
The Commissioner General, Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA), Bizimana Ruganintwali said this while launching taxpayer’s appreciation month, which was aimed at promoting tax awareness.
Tax and non-tax revenue collected in 2019/2020 was 1,516.3 billion Rwandan francs (1.55 billion U.S. dollars), equivalent to 95.4 per cent of the targeted 1,589 billion Rwandan francs (1.63 billion U.S. dollars), Ruganintwali said.
Tax collection by the local government fell short and achieved 90.8 per cent of the target, said Ruganintwali.
The government imposed various restrictive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, including closure of borders and a nationwide lockdown, before and after the central African nation reported the first case in March.
The Rwandan Health Ministry on Wednesday reported 12 new cases, bringing the national tally to 5,174 with 4,930 recoveries and 35 deaths.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)