Chief (Mrs) Rebecca Folashade Diya, wife of the former Chief of General Staff and de-factor Military Vice President, Lt. Gen. Oladipo Diya, is dead.
Aged 66, late Mrs. Diya died of COVID-19 infection, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
A press statement released by Olawale Adekoya, Special Adviser (Media & Strategy) to Gen Diya, said the late Mrs Diya died late Monday night at 66.
“With grief in our hearts but gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the transition onto eternal glory of Chief Mrs Deborah Folashade Diya (JP), wife of His Excellency, Lt. Gen. Oladipo Diya (Rtd); whose death occurred on Monday, May 18, 2020. She was aged 66.
“Madam Deborah Folashade Diya was preparing and looking forward to her 66th birthday celebration on May 23, 2020 (this week). But as man proposes, God disposes. Six days ago, she took ill and was taken to the hospital, where she took her last breath on Monday, May 18,” the statement read in parts.
According to the statement, the late Otunba Folashade dedicated her life to the emancipation of humanity and service of the Almighty God.
“She was a devout Christian, a loyal and dedicated wife, a loving mother, an alluring grandmother and a passionate chorister at United African Methodist (Evangelical) Church, Abule Ijesha, Yaba, Lagos. She was a chorister who sang and danced for the Lord all the way.”
Meanwhile, members of the household it was gathered are now under isolation including the General.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)