The district head of Balle, Gudu Local Government Area of Sokoto State, Ibrahim Aliyu, has been killed by suspected bandits.
According to a source, the 82-year-old district head who was shot in the head, was met lying in a pool of blood, reciting Kalmat (There is none worthy of worship except Allah. He is alone and has no partner. To Him belongs the Kingdom and for Him is all praise. He gives life and causes death. In His hand is all good and He has power over everything) before he finally died.
Honourable Faruk Balle, member representing the area at the State House of Assembly, who confirmed the attack, said they were all shocked because Balle used to be the most peaceful area in the state.
The late district head, who was survived by two wives, eight children and many grand children, had been buried in accordance with Islamic rites.
Efoorts to contact Sokoto State Command Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muhammad Sadiq, was futile as he was not responding to calls.
Balle is the headquarters of Gudu local government area of Sokoto state, which had been peaceful before Wednesday attack.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum