Three officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps,(FRSC), have been struck to death by thunder which occurred on Wednesday.
The incident which occurred in the town of Ilese, near Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State around 10 a.m followed a drizzling which was accompanied by the lightning that entered into the FRSC’s office located at the Old Toll Gate in Ilese town and killed its victims.
A senior member of the Corps, disclosed that there were about twelve officials in the exact office when the lightning occurred, accompanied by the thunder which struck three of his colleagues to death.
The FRSC Public Relations Officer in the state, Florence Okpe also confirmed the incident but did not give details.
Men of the state’s special security outfit, “OP MESA” took over security of the entire area, chased onlookers away and prevented journalists from taking pictures.
Also, traditional worshipers otherwise known as Sango adherents joined other FRSC officials at the scene of the incident to perform some traditional rites on the corpses before they were released to government officials for burial.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants