An internal security officer attached to Skye Bank Plc yesterday was arraigned at the Igbosere Magistrate Court for allegedly carting away a customer’s N371,000.
The accused, Prince Solomon Udoh who is arraigned before Magistrate O. A Olagbende is standing trial on a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing contrary to Sections 409 and 285 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The prosecutor, Corporal Friday Mameh informed the court that Udoh committed the offences at 4:30pm on August 2, inside the banking hall of Skye Bank PLC, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
He said the customer, Musa Dayyabu, forgot a black polythene bag containing his phone, diary and a cash sum of N371,000 on a customer’s chair in the bank.
The court heard that Udoh found the bag and put it in his desk drawer but, contrary to the bank’s protocol, failed to inform his supervisor of the find.
Mameh said that the customer called the Business Services Manager of the branch on the evening of the 2nd of August at about 6:09pm to enquire about his bag.
“The accused denied seeing the bag and its contents and even joined the BSM and other officials of the bank in searching for it. He repeated his denial when the customer arrived later.
“But the customer insisted that it was in the banking hall that he forgot the cash, adding that the cash was in N50, N100, N200 and N500 notes,” Mameh added.
He said when the Closed Circuit Television Camera (CCTV) recording for that evening was checked, it showed the accused picking a black polythene bag from the same seat where the customer sat and forgot the bag.
“Confronted with the video, the accused said the bag was his and contained his Golden Morn beverage and milk, but the following day when more of his superiors questioned him, he changed his story to say the bag belonged to a customer but only contained a phone and diary,” Mameh alleged.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies