The Group Managing Director/CEO of KAM Holding, Dr. Kamoru Yusuf, has described the outgoing Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC), Mr. Segun Awolowo, as a visionary and game changer whose commitments and passion for the growth of the nation is outstanding and unique.
Dr. Yusuf who is also the Chairman of Basic Metal, Iron and Fabricated Products Manufacturer, a sectoral arm of the Manufacturer Association of Nigeria, (MAN) stated this in his goodwill message issued on Friday.
He rejoiced with Mr. Awolowo as he successfully complete his two term tenure as the helmsman of NEPC, stressing that it takes courage, commitments and foresight to lead the country through the Zero-Oil Plan conceived under his leadership.
“The idea will continue to generate positive impacts on the nation’s economic fortunes and further open windows of opportunities that will prepare the country for an economy that would not depend on a single drop of crude oil for survival”, Dr. Yusuf said.
According to him, “The new initiative, each state is to identify at least with one product for export with potentials for income generation, employment and wealth creation.
“This concept will not only ensure that each state of the federation including Federal Capital Territory focuses on at least a product to develop for export but it will also enable Nigeria to remain solvent, with diversified socio-economic opportunities among others.
“As you take a bow out of NEPC, Nigerians and humanity at large will not forget your contributions to nation-building in a hurry. I wish you many more accomplishments in life. I am optimistic that many other national assignments await you in a very near future, congratulations to you my brother on the numerous feats achieved”
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus